Thursday, May 9, 2013

Makeup face facadé

I browsed upon some pretty girls on Facebook, envying their slim and smooth egged shape looking face, accompanied sweetly with a skinny and eye seeking figure. Oh how I want to be like one of them. Feelings emerged;feelings of mimicking their thinly brushed eyeliner and thick slab of makeup. Feelings of going on a diet and becoming obsessed with the bones and skeletons to be a part of my skin. And this war was battling back and forth. Will makeup make me prettier on the inside? Will becoming skinny make me happy forever.
And the answer is NO.
I remembered about the mission trip that i embarked on last dec. I clearly remembered the youth section about having an identity in Christ. We featured a short film about Eli and his creation. What stood out the most was the fact that when Punchinello( a boy who keeps getting ugly spots that are stuck on him because he is less perfect, shorter, not as bright as the others) came to Eli ,his creator -and asked him why he was created this way, and why did a girl whom was as imperfect as he was did not have any labels on her. It Was only then that he realised that His identity is and has always been in Christ. Slowly by slowly, he became as clean as ever because any labels nor negative spots could ever get to him again. This story truly reminds me that I don't have to put on makeup, don't Have to be like others. all I NEED to do, is be myself and always be rooted in God's image. :)
You don't have to be pretty or perfect for God to love you. Because you are beautifully and carefully made by God, your creator:)

No comments:

Post a Comment